Today’s Fun with Food Friday recipe comes from reader Hannah F!
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3T vinegar (such as rice wine vinegar)
- 2T cornstarch
- Put the chicken in the crockpot. Mix the other ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Cook on High for 3 hours.
- Pull out chicken and set aside on a plate. Pour liquid into a saucepan, add 2 T cornstarch and whisk thoroughly to mix. Heat sauce on med/high until bubbly and thickened.
- Optional: You may wish to add some veggies at this point, such as sugar snap peas or celery.
- You can serve the chicken breasts individually over rice with the sauce, or you can shred them and add them to the sauce and serve over rice.
John and I both thought it came out a little too orange-y for our tastes. I would like to try it again with maybe some chicken broth added to thin the orange juice and try sugar snap peas as a vegetable instead of celery, (it was kinda weird with the orange flavor.)
This was a super easy recipe, and I definitely recommend giving it a try! I’m looking forward to experimenting with a few variations on it and may be back to edit this post with my creations in a few weeks.
Thank you, Hannah, for sending this in!
Andrea at Adventures in All Things Food with Earthquake Cake and
If you have a recipe that you’d like to see featured, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(You also get 10 extra entries into most current giveaways for sending me recipes!)