Today’s recipe comes from ready Mary B., and it’s a deeelicious one!
Using simple ingredients and easy prep, this dinner is definitely becoming a regular at our house from now on!
We served it on whole wheat dinner rolls and it was a hit!
- 1½ lb. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, halved
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Optional: red pepper flakes, to taste
- Place all ingredients except the chicken in the crock pot. Stir until mixed. Add chicken and coat well with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours OR on low for 7 – 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove all the chicken and place it in a bowl. Shred each piece using two forks — one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot, and mix well with the sauce.
Check out my co-hosts for today’s Fun with Food Friday!
Andrea at Adventures in All Things Food with Turkey Lettuce Wraps,
Ashley at And the Little Ones Too with Peanut Butter Cups, and
Amanda at Coping with Frugality with Stuffed Peppers with Sausage & Shrimp!
(You also get 10 extra entries into most current giveaways for sending me recipes!)