It’s also simple and uses ingredients that are easy to have on hand!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups peeled, cubed potatoes
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed (I used canned)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup water
In a skillet, brown beef with onion over medium heat. Drain fat. In a 3-qt. casserole, combine beef mixture with all remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until rice and potatoes are tender.
(It took mine more like 2 hours, but I put quite a few more vegetables in than the recipe called for, so that may have been it. Just be aware that it may take longer than 1hr.)
Everyone loved this dish in our house, and I will definitely be making it again!
If you are interesting in having a recipe tried and featured on Mama Chocolate, email me at email@example.com.
(Sorry, this is a short and sweet post today as I am on my way out the door for the weekend! Enjoy!)