* This giveaway is now CLOSED *
After a long dry spell, (my deepest apologies,) I am excited to get my giveaways here up and running again by bringing you my review of Skoy Cloths
Info on the SKOY cloth from their website
- The SKOY cloth is a fabulous, absorbent, biodegradable and natural multi-use cloth. Our re-usable earth friendly cloth is perfect in your kitchen, bathroom, and on most surface areas in your home or office. SKOY cloth can be used in place of your sponge, wash cloth or paper towels.
- It is a European made product and 100% biodegradable because it is made from a natural cotton and wood-based cellulose pulp. SKOY cloth is a chlorine-free product using water-based colors and inks. After an independent composting test, SKOY cloth broke down completely within 5 weeks.
- The SKOY cloth is a durable product due to the reusability factor and can last months. Using a SKOY cloth is equivalent to using 15 rolls of paper towels in an average home. With the high cost of paper towels, as much as $2 per roll, SKOY cloth is the obvious choice for your wallet and the environment.
- The SKOY cloth has an absorption factor of 15x its own weight. As a result, producing the most superior cloth product available. Imagine using 15 sheets of good-quality paper towels at once… This is how a wet SKOY cloth will feel in your hand.
- The SKOY cloth is long-lasting because of the wash ability feature. It dries quickly, so it is not a breeding ground for bacteria. Have you ever used your sponge, then smelled your hand and it reeked of horrible bacteria? That will never happen again if you microwave your SKOY cloth regularly. It is also dishwasher and washer/dryer safe. Cleaning your SKOY cloth will keep it healthy and germ-free. (Please see Use & Care for instructions.)
- The cool and unique designs will make cleaning fun!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
To be honest, before I got these, I had already pretty much eliminated the need for paper towels in my kitchen by simply using a big pile of basic white washcloths.
There were a few nasty, greasy jobs that I still used paper towels for, though, including draining bacon, and I was curious to see how well these performed!
|Wet SKOY cloth before use
|Squeeze out excess water for optimal absorption
They worked great for draining bacon!
They soaked up the grease just as well as a paper towel, and I could wash them in the dishwasher afterwards instead of putting them in my washing machine with other clothes that might be harmed by the grease!
I found every suggested cleaning method satisfactory: dishwasher, washing machine/dryer, and microwave!
I was especially glad to see that they are dryer-safe. I am not watchful enough to keep these little things from ending up in the dryer occasionally, and judging from the current state of my Sham-Wow towels, I’d be doomed if the dryer destroyed their function!
SKOY cloths also perform beautifully for many other functions in the kitchen and beyond!
Besides the satisfaction of knowing they are better for my budget and more “green” than paper towels, I actually prefer using SKOY cloths. They’re much more soft and thick than any paper towel I’ve ever used and…they’re pretty!
It is important whenever possible to have
pretty housecleaning tools.
BUY SKOY cloths!
They’re extremely reasonable at $6.99 for a pack of 4, about $1.75 each…and if each one lasts as long as 15 rolls of paper towels, there’s some significant savings for ya right there!
You can order directly from them, or purchase on Amazon
(where they are eligible for the free super saver shipping and Amazon Prime benefits!)
Also check out their new Fundraising Program!
WIN SKOY cloths!
SKOY sent me a second set of cloths to give away to one of my lucky readers!
You must use the form below to enter!
Please feel free to comment to remind yourself that you entered, (if you’ve forgotten, email me and I’ll check for you. I don’t mind, and I don’t usually bite. I’m nice that way.)
Remember, however, that comments will not be counted as entries, except to count daily tweets. (see details on the form)
Current Entries as of:
Friday, May 20th, 9:30am PST: 205
Giveaway will close May 20th, Friday, 2011 at 11:59pm PST.
This giveaway is open to residents of US ONLY. I will choose the winner via Random.org, and the winner will be announced here on the blog and notified by email. Make sure to leave your email address or have your contact info available in your blogger profile. The winner will have 48 hours to respond, after which a new winner will be chosen.
*SKOY Enterprises sent me a set of SKOY cloth to review as well as a second set to be given away on the Mama Chocolate blog. No other compensation was received and opinions expressed were not influenced in any way.