Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
sent in to Fun with Food Friday by Tara at The Adventures of MommyHaHa
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 (3.4oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix (secret ingredient!)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional: I love them out because nuts in cookies are an abomination to me.)
- Preheat oven to 35o degrees F. Sift together flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts, (if you can abide them!)
- Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
I was excited about this recipe, because I like my chocolate chip cookies to be soft, but I don’t like how mine always end up…flat as a pancake with the chocolate chips poking up.
They did stay “plumper,” so they were much prettier than my usuals, but I didn’t care a whole lot for the flavor that was added from the vanilla pudding. Maybe I’m just a weirdo though, and overthinking it, because everyone else who tried them couldn’t tell the difference.
The taste of the raw dough, (yes I’m one of those people,) was definitely different. In an irritating sort of way.
When I make cookies, I like to keep a
giant tiny little tub of the cookie dough aside for snacking in my fridge, and it was irksome to have the weird flavor in it everytime I wanted a little taste.
So I guess these cookies are better for my waistline…?
I will make these when I want my cookies to look awesome, (potlucks and parties where everyone I want everyone to know that I make the most beautiful cookies ever, since apparently I’m the only one who can tell the difference in taste anyway.)
When I’m craving a big ol’ spoonful of cookie dough I’m heading back to my old recipe, (which is just the one on the Nestle chips bag.)
(All photos by Polka Dot)